Re: [opensuse] doc to txt conversion
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 19:43:18 -0500
On 2006/12/24 00:13 (GMT+0100) Leendert Meyer apparently typed:

> On Sunday 24 December 2006 00:03, Felix Miata wrote:

>> I installed wv and wv2 with YaST, but they haven't shown up in the
>> menus, and wv from konsole gives command not found, even though
>> rpm claims they're installed. I can't find wv in /bin, /sbin,
>> /usr/bin or /usr/sbin. :-(

> I browsed the wv rpm with mc, there are a bunch of wv* in /usr/bin,
> and an explanation in /usr/share/doc/packages/wv/README.

> In short: you're looking for /usr/bin/wvWare. ;-)

Seems to be useless. Word8/97 is a virtually 10 year old file format.
Whether I use wvHtml or wvText all I get for output is a 0 byte file,
with no error messages from wvHtml, and the message "Could not convert
to HTML" from wvText. :-(

However, that README points to http://wvware.sourceforge.net/ which in
turn recommends using abiword instead. Abiword shows up in the menu, and
creates HTML that SeaMonkey can open, and usable plain text. :-)

Abiword has a much longer list of file formats it can import and export
than OO. So, why is OO installed by default instead of Abiword?
--
"Let your conversation be always full of grace." Colossians 4:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409