Re: [opensuse] Problems to reinitialise proper hardware detection and configuration storage with SaX2
  • From: Markus Elfring <Markus.Elfring@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 01:36:58 +0100

[...] or the kernel isn't detecting your mouse any longer.

I have also tried the following variants just for fun.
1. http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/torrents/KNOPPIX_V5.0.1DVD-2006-06-01-DE.torrent
I have seen that the program "QTParted" unexpectedly vanished while scanning for partitions on the seond hard drive in my computer. The mouse pointer moved as usual in my test of some applications.

2. http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/torrents/Zod-livecd-beta-20061130-i386.torrent
A couple of error messages were displayed during the boot and shutdown process.

3. http://kororaa.org/files/release/livecd/0.3/kororaa-aiglxgl-0.3.iso.torrent

How can I get the X server back to useful work with a setting like "ImExPS/2 Logitech Explorer Mouse" on my openSUSE system?
Would anybody like to suggest any corresponding updates to the following articles?
- Tip: Logitech MX700-900 Mouse with Linux and Firefox
http://linux.wordpress.com/2006/06/06/tip-my-logitech-mx700-mouse-with-linux-and-firefox/

- The Logitech MX-500 mouse in Linux
http://www.glaurung.demon.co.uk/info/linux.mx500.howto.html

Why does the SaX2 settings preview seem to use "1280x1024@91:85" while the other systems automatically chose 75 MHz as a maximum refresh rate from plug-and-play communication with my monitor?