Re: [opensuse] doc to txt conversion
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 18:03:13 -0500
On 2006/12/23 22:18 (GMT+0100) Carlos E. R. apparently typed:

> The Saturday 2006-12-23 at 15:00 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:

>> Which app do we have to strip the glop from a M$ .doc file and
>> output just the content to a plain text file? OO print to file
>> doesn't seem to understand anything but postscript. Do I need to
>> "install" a "text printer"?

> : The wv2 library is used to import Microsoft Word documents in
> koffice for example.

> that can understand the Microsoft Word 8 binary file format
> (Office97). It currently converts Word into HTML, which can then be
> read with a web browser.

> (and there are html to text converters, I think).

I installed wv and wv2 with YaST, but they haven't shown up in the
menus, and wv from konsole gives command not found, even though rpm
claims they're installed. I can't find wv in /bin, /sbin, /usr/bin or
/usr/sbin. :-(
--
"Let your conversation be always full of grace." Colossians 4:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409