Re: [opensuse] Upgrade experiences 10.0 -> 10.2 ?
  • From: Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 23:06:25 +0100
Lørdag 23 december 2006 19:16 skrev Karl Agee:
> I've seen only a few posts on successful upgrades from
> 10.0 to opensuse 10.2, anyone have any further
> experiences/words of wisdom before I "take the
> plunge"?
>
> Yes, I do have a complete backup made in case it goes foobar.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Hi,

I just went ahead and did it a couple of days ago. In fact, I did NOT upgrade
my DELL laptop (M90 Precision), I just installed it over SuSE10 - but WITHOUT
formatting my /home partition.
It worked flawlessly well.

I then re-installed, either from old downloads or new ones, a few of my very
much used programmes, i.e. zend, datafold and others.

The only hitch I had was smbmount not being there. This list advised me to use
cifs instead to mount my VPN remote samba shares. That worked perfectly fine
too.

YMMV though :-)