Re: [opensuse] doc to txt conversion
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 22:18:13 +0100 (CET)

The Saturday 2006-12-23 at 15:00 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:

> Which app do we have to strip the glop from a M$ .doc file and output
> just the content to a plain text file? OO print to file doesn't seem to
> understand anything but postscript. Do I need to "install" a "text printer"?

Description : The wv2 library is used to import Microsoft Word documents in koffice for example.

Description : WV is a program that can understand the Microsoft Word 8 binary file
format (Office97). It currently converts Word into HTML, which can then
be read with a web browser.

(and there are html to text converters, I think).

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.