[opensuse] easy kde/gnome/mono questions
  • From: "Greg Freemyer" <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 15:32:13 -0500
All,

I've been using SuSE with KDE for years but I don't really do any
sophisticated GUI interaction. I pretty much just fire up a few
terminal sessions and do my work from the command line.

I now want to start experimenting with writing a Mono application.

I get the impression that means I should switch to Gnome. Correct?

If so, how do I do that? (I don't care about current settings /
config / etc.) I can create a new login account if that would be
easier.

And then are there any special packages I should be sure to install?

As a first step I just want to get the HelloWorld app they have to
compile and run.

http://www.mono-project.com/GtkSharp:_Hello_World

Thanks
Greg