Re: [opensuse] linux zmd: ServiceManager (ERROR) - need advice
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:04:48 +0100

>>> Reply on 22-12-2006 10:02:45 <<<

> I'm running SuSE 10.1 and get the following line in /var/log/message
>
> Dec 21 13:25:56 linux zmd: ServiceManager (ERROR): Service refresh
> failed for '20061120-091506':
> Failed to parse XML metadata: Cannot open database
/var/lib/zmd/zmd.db

> Note, the above is a single line.
>
> If this is a problem with the zmd.db is there a way of correcting
it?

> Thanks,
> Terry

The easiest solution would be to delete the database.

rczmd stop
rm /var/lib/zmd/zmd.db
rczmd start

in case the stop should fail (I had seen this several times a while
ago.. not sure if this still happens, be sure to have zmd gone (in worst
case, killall -9 zmd).

Upoin a restart of the service, the database will be reinitialized.

Rgds,
Dominique