Re: [opensuse] sound recorder recommendation
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 03:10:19 +0800 (CST)

----- Original Message ----
From: Primm <lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [opensuse] sound recorder recommendation

Any recommendations apart from krecord? I want good quality sound files via a
hand held microphone to burn to a cd. 10.2

I use audacity, because I edit my grabs before I save them. It ends up being a manual process (start audacity, hit record, make noises, hit stop, hit "export" type filename, quit audacity) which might not suit your needs.

I believe "streamer" can record sound at selectable qualities, but I'm not sure if it works directly with audio devices, or if it's a video-specific thing.

HTH,
Cheers,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz