Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE 10.2 mirroring securtiy updates and smart channels
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:05:06 -0600 (CST)
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Dominik Zalewski wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a office network with couple of workstations running OpenSUSE 10.2.
> Since they are all sharing same DSL link, I was wondering what is the best
> solution to mirror security updates and smart channels on our local server so
> they can use it instead of downloading updates and rpms from internet
> everytime they want to install something.
>
> How you solved this ?

I used the 'http-replicator' package available from GURU. However, there
were some minor problems with the init script. I was able to overcome
these fairly easily - I provided my patches to Pascal but I'm not sure
what ever happened to them. In any case, it's the best solution I've
found although it's not perfect.

--
Carpe diem - Seize the day.
Carp in denim - There's a fish in my pants!

Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>