Re: [opensuse] TechniSat DVB-T AirStar 2 (PCI) digital receiver
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:55:46 -0600
On 12/21/06, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I bought the above digital tuner card and it works very well in XP. I'm
told that it also works well with Linux which is where I want it and not
in XP and which is why I bought it.

Could someone please tell me what software I need on 10.2 to be able to
use this card, and also point me at any documentation explaining in
clear terms how to install and configure such software and the card.

In XP it only took several minutes to get this card set up and working
and I am hoping that there is something equivalent for 10.2.

Cheers.

According this link, it should work:
<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Technisat_AirStar2>

You may try with kdetv to watch the card.

Also, mythtv forums, lists and IRC channel are very helpful for
everything related to tv tuner cards.

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.