Re: [opensuse] unable to access website after 10.2 install (bug 229848)
  • From: "Mark Goldstein" <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:09:42 +0200
On 12/20/06, Joe Morris (NTM) <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Kenneth Schneider wrote:
> If the proxy were running on anything but 10.2 w/ 2.6.18 kernel it would
> probably work.
So it does seem to be a definite kernel bug. weird.

Once again, my configuration at home is: Pentium III box with openSuSE
10.2, default kernel 2.6.18 and 2 NICs. One NIC is connected to ADSL
modem. The box runs SuSE Firewall2 with masquerading.
I can access both sites FROM THIS BOX without any problem.

I also tried marymount site before I started firewall, that is it was
only PPPoE (for ADSL modem), no NAT and no proxy. It was OK as well.

Well, of course there was my provider ...

--
Mark Goldstein