Re: [opensuse] Can spam be defeated? SLIGHTLY OT
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 07:46:49 +0100

The Wednesday 2006-12-20 at 16:16 -0700, John Meyer wrote:

BTW, and maybe somebody can tell me this, is there some sort of mindset
of the spammer which justifies sending out all these e-mails. Something

Business... from their point of view. Sending is cheap, so they probably send by the million. If sucess rate is one per thousand, that's a one thousand hit.

Last I heard the return rate was about one per thirty thousand, so they need to send LOTS of spam. :-((

Sandy
--
List replies only please!