Re: [opensuse] passwords
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 23:10:54 +0100 (CET)

The Wednesday 2006-12-20 at 15:50 -0500, jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Yes, but then you don't have Alzheimers, or a chronic problem that can
> render you unconcious and unable to tell responders what has happened.
> Those were the only folks that were even considered.. the chip in that
> case was similar to the things they implant into pets for the same
> reasons. ( They can't talk )

They are using them here as a payment method for discos! As simple as
that. I think they have started using them before the authorities knew it
was possible or that people would voluntarily use them.

Other method employed, for the elderly with bad memory, is a chip in their
shoes. If they cross the outside gate, the janitor is warned. They would
get lost without that, and this way they don't need locked gates.

However, what I was thinking of was biometric info in credit cards, like
fingerprint info. I have heard of thieves chopping the owner fingers to
steal the money.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.