Re: [opensuse] IRC, ICQ, which app?
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:36:42 -0500
On Wed December 20 2006 7:44 am, Daniel Bauer scratched these words onto
a coconut shell, hoping for an answer:
> Hi,
>
> I never used IRC, ICQ etc., but now I'd like to give it a try.
> There's quite a choice of apps in Yast - what should I install?
>
> I like a gui, must be fool-proof :-)
>
> thanks for your hints.
>
> Daniel
I never used icq so no recommendations for that, but you might give
Konversation a try for IRC.. it's a clean interface and easy to figure
what is what.. and there is a Suse community default on Freenode .. Of
course you can also do the efnet and others w/ little effort.. ( enter
a server addy and go. )
If you ever did use IRC , w/ another OS Konversation will remind you of
those days. Xchat is also nice.