[opensuse] How can I boot with wireless enabled to a WPA secured access point?
  • From: "Stephen Carter" <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:57:55 +0000
I'm running SLED10 and in YaST it appears I can only setup a WEP
connection during boot. This works as when I change the security of my
Access Point to WEP, enter the details in YaST for my wireless card and
reboot, sure enough I get the nice 'blinky-blinky' wireless light before
I'm presented with a login prompt.
Problem is I don't want to use WEP, I want to use WPA on my access point
but I can't see how to set it up in YaST for boot.

NetworkManager is fine and kicks in my wireless nic after I login, using
credentials stored in my keyring, but I want to authenticate against a
server at login, not after..

Has anyone done this?
--
Stephen Carter