Re: [opensuse] photo-editing
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:08:15 -0800
> On 18 Dec 2006, kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I did have to copy the pictures to subfolder to select only certian
> > ones, but other than that not bad.
>
> Yes, Digikam can only export albums. However, to export only selected
> images, the gallary function in Showimg:
>
> http://www.jalix.org/projects/showimg/
>
> is quite nice.
>
> > I wonder (and have searched) if there are more themes available.
>
> I don't think so. However, writing a theme is quite easy:
>
> http://www.digikam.org/?q=node/26

Thank you very much.

I should mention also - though it does not have good integration with the
built-in editors - there is the JAlbum product. It is freeware and written in
Java.

http://jalbum.net/

I have used it on both Wintendo and SUSE. It works pretty good and has
fantastic skins available.

Again, my complaint is that it doesn't integrate with the built in editors.
--
kai

dirt, dry, bone, sand and stone