Re: [opensuse] passwords
  • From: "George Stoianov" <gstoyanoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:36:38 -0500
> > I live in a house by myself. Nobody else ever uses my computer. I
> > really hate it when some program tells me I need an 8-character
> > password.

Please note, that it is not only people with physical access that you
need to keep out. Do you use the internet, you should you just send us
an email than you weak password can let someone on the internet in
your computer. If you are not afraid of someone crashing your machine
or stealing information from it then consider the fact that it may be
used for a purpose you do not agree with or even thought possible.

Do not get me wrong I have to remember a bunch of passwords myself,
and it is not pleasant, but you can use the KDE wallet or if you feel
comfortable OpenSSH or GPG some sort of encrypted file would be good
too.