Re: [opensuse] unable to access website after 10.2 install (bug 229848)
  • From: "Mark Goldstein" <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:08:27 +0200
On 12/20/06, Dominique Leuenberger <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

May I ask if you have these two boxes behind a proxy?
I tracked it as far down as the 2.6.17+ kernels could not reach that
site, except when being proxied. I discussed with different other people
yesterday evening.. none of them, having a 2.6.17+ kernel (sorry, nobody
had a 2.6.19) was able to access it... except in corp where a proxy was
in place... like I have it here for myself.

Dominique,

I'm a bit messed up now. Initially both my boxes were behind firewall.
In the office it was proxy, at home it was firewall/NAT.

Right now I reconfigured my home network so that IBM Aptiva with
openSuSE box is itself router/firewall. In the morning I tried
marymount site from this box and it was OK. But now the site does not
answer. It appears, it is unresponsive for everything (even FF from
Windows XP), so I'm afraid we could create DoS (everybody on this
thread trying to access it) :-( But the second site keh.com works fine
even on direct connection.

--
Mark Goldstein