[opensuse] ATI Drivers - Not yet for everyone
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:53:20 -0900
I was encouraged by discussion on this list that I could at last slap
my 10.2 DVD in and install on my Core 2 Duo (x86_64) and
be assured that ATI drivers would be there.

Sadly, that is not yet the case, and after nuking a perfectly good
10.1 install, I am stuck at 800x600. Of course this only becomes
obvious after you add the www2.ati.com repo AFTER install
only to find it still is not available.

So Late model Radeon (mine is x1400) users should hold
off for a little longer.

--
John Andersen