[opensuse] character set problem?
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:37:26 -0500
Hi Everybody,

I'm working on a website update on my SUSE box and can't seem to see what my
problem is here:

}
> ?>

In this e-mail, for the first time, I'm seeing a rectangle immediately after
the final semicolon. The php snippet doesn't work. It instead produces this
string [' ); } ?>] (between the brackets) at the top-most margin of the page.

Am I dealing with a character set issue? My box is all UTF-8 *except* for the
FAT32 partition that gets shared with XP. This snippet was downloaded to and
'lives' on that partition.

Any help figuring this out will be gratefully appreciated.

TIA & regards,

Carl