Re: [opensuse] NX problem at 10.2
  • From: Graham Smith <gqs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 07:21:20 +1100
On Wednesday 20 December 2006 05:32, Elvis Chen wrote:
> hi Carlos and others,
>
> on one of the remove machine I have down-graded the nxclient to 1.5.0 (by
> the link below), but I still experience the same problem. That is, the
> user is authenticated, the x-protocol is established, but the nxclient just
> hangs there. The error message I get with nxclient-1.5.0 is:

Sorry but I have not been following this thread.

What versions of SuSE are you trying to connect to and from?

I'm using nxclient 2.1.0-9 running on openSUSE 10.2 to connect to SuSE
versions 10.2, 10.0 and 9.3.

I had to modify /usr/bin/nxnode on SuSE 10.0 and 9.3 to get NX running with
information from
http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=FreeNX_FAQ/Problem_Solving

Unfortunately I didn't do a diff between the modified version and the
original. If you want a copy of my modified version /usr/bin/nxnode please
contact me.

--
Regards,

Graham Smith