Re: [opensuse] How to build a cluster with 64 bit Opterons and SUSE?
  • From: HG <hg.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:48:56 +0200
Hi!

On 12/18/06, Gomez, Daniel <dgomez@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

You need a grid cluster more than you need a server/service cluster.

Yes. I need a cluster that looks like one single computer.

Yes, it would be easy to go and buy a blade server setup from some
vendor. Except that those cost hay loads of money. We don't have that.

We have bought dual-Opteron calculation servers now and then. And now
it's getting to the point that it would be very helpful to create a
cluster from them so that you do not have to run top everywhere and
then try to guess where somebody's jobs are most likely to end next...

Check out http://gridengine.sunsource.net/
I use it myself and highly recommend it.

I'll check that (I didn't quite get sense of that with the 10 second
glance I just did :-)

--
HG.