Re: [opensuse] CPU speed halved for no reason?
  • From: Thibaut Cousin <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:40:03 +0100
Le mardi 19 décembre 2006 09:16, Hans du Plooy a écrit :
> > My final question is: how do I tell my stupid CPU that it's not running
> > on a laptop, and that it should be at full speed all the time?
>
> Maybe set "active scheme" to performance as well?

It doesn't work, as this choice is not remembered over logout/login. I
checked "Performance" everywhere, in YaST2 and in KPowersave, to no avail. It
works until logout or reboot only.

Nevertheless, if it's normal and the CPU returns at full speed when needed,
why not. I'll run cpufreq-info again, the next time my computer is under
heavy load, just to check. If it's back to 2000 MHz, then I'll be happy. :-)
Thank you for those explanations, I had never bothered to find out what
Cool'n'Quiet was about.

--
Thibaut Cousin
http://www.thibaut-cousin.net