Re: [opensuse] unable to access website after 10.2 install
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:47:04 -0800

> What I can say so far: in the company, where I have a proxy between
> my Suse box and this specific server, it works. So it seems to be a
> problem caused by two 'incompatible' tcp stacks. Very nice thing to
> find in the net.

The buzz-phrase is "interoperable." And yes, it really is quite
surprising in 2006 such issues are still lurking.

I wonder how much we can discern about the hosts on the other end when
the failure occurs? We know that openSuSE 10.2 is one part of the
equation, but since most peers do work, perhaps there's something
instructive about the ones that do elicit the problem.

> I'll stay a bit on it.

Likewise. I just know that one of these days it'll crop up for a site I
really need to access.

Randall Schulz