Re: [opensuse] unable to access website after 10.2 install
  • From: James Wright <jamfwright@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 07:51:20 -0500
On Tuesday 19 December 2006 2:28 am, John Andersen wrote:

> There is something very odd about the TCP stack in 10.2.
>
> There are other differences in these two machines obviously
> but the only machine I can't view that page on is 10.2

It wouldn't be the TCP stack (at least I don't think), as some 10.2 installs
can reach the site. As such, it also should not be the kernel itself,
although it may be implicated. Is there a pattern of NIC brands or drivers
being used that can or can't load this site? I believe that the IBM machines
are using an Intel chipset, and apparently can reach the site. What is
everybody else using? Broadcom? Wireless with MadWifi? This could make a
significant difference.

- James W.