Re: [opensuse] openSUSE-10.2-GM-DVD-x86_64.iso md5sum's do not match
  • From: "Mark Goldstein" <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:04:09 +0200

> Yah.
>
> Known bug/feature - to me, at least.
>
> I have a correct image md5sum, but the burned image is different. If I
> burn it five times, all five copies have the same md5, but different from
> the downloaded image. I then use Yast, and it is correct - so I conclude
> it is correct.
>
> I have no idea why. Perhaps it is image padding in the media. Perhaps a
> bug in the md5sum implementation. Dunno.

I've checked 7 CDs (5 GM disks with x86 version + 2 AddOns) using
Linux md5sum and all results match the values in MD5SUMS file. I
burned some of them using K3B under SuSE 10.0 and some using IBM
RecordNow! under Windows XP. So the difference is either due to way
how DVD images are burnt or to usage of Nero.

--
Mark Goldstein