Re: [opensuse] unable to access website after 10.2 install
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:28:19 -0900
On Monday 18 December 2006 22:17, Martin Mielke wrote:
> Hi there Chip,
>
> this seems odd to me, as I have kernel 2.6.18 and all pages have loaded...
> so far.
>
> Could it be that you need certain plug-ins (Java, Flash...) to see the
> contents??

Nope.

I loaded the page with lynx on a Suse 8.2 machine.
Then I turned to the 10.2 machine right beside it hooked to the same
cable modem and tried to load it with lynx again, and it hangs
after making the connection (which is visible in Netstat).

There is something very odd about the TCP stack in 10.2.

There are other differences in these two machines obviously
but the only machine I can't view that page on is 10.2

--
John Andersen