Re: [opensuse] 10.2 on a Dell Dimension 8100
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:14:33 +0100
On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 13:45 -0500, Darko Gavrilovic wrote:
> On 12/18/06, George Stoianov <gstoyanoff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Have you updated to latest BIOS?
> >
> > BTW having the latest BIOS can actually cause problems, in some cases,
> > as the refresh rates can be changed and it may caused at least in my
> > case it did a problem of not being able to run a graphical
> > environment.
>
> Thats true. Though I my experiece, with SUSE on a Dell, I had graphics
> problems which fixed themselves with the Bios update. So it varies.

But a messed-up BIOS can be a real pain to revert.

> > Thought I mention this, in your case you are already running 10.1 so
> > that is probably not related.

This is what I thought.

> > If your media is OK try using it on a different PC if you have a spare,

This I have done. As well as doing a media check in the same PC from
Yast in 10.1. It likes the DVD.

I am thinking I may try to use a CD for this. But as I leave for the
in-laws this weekend, I may not push my lick.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems AB
Ramböll Sverige AB