[opensuse] eeek! something ate my automagic updater file, apparently.
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:48:18 -0500

After an updater recommended kernal update and reboot this info appears
> System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object
> instance was required.
>
> Server stack trace:
> at Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.PackageManager.GetUpdates
> (Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Catalog catalog) [0x00000] at
> Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.PackageManager.GetUpdates () [0x00000]
> at Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.RemotePackageMa

and then the updater goes away.. it appears every time I reboot, but I
don't know where to even find the items it's referencing .. I can, of
course still do online updates via yast but the little updater items or
install via that item is dead.

Just for kicks I uninstalled and reinstalled the updater, w/ no joy..
other than this I'm happy w/ just about everything I have poked at so
far..

Thought I'd mention this just for the heck of it. The install is on the
64bit box , I will probably do it prettier when the boxed set comes so
it's not the end of the world as we know it. Just an oddity I'm
reporting for those who collect that sort of info.

** And one other item, which I mentioned during the testing phase , one
can not, keep or install kde nor remove or not install Open Office.
Those two items are tied together somehow . No RPM messages that help,
It simply refuses to install kde w/o open office and wont uninstall
open office unless I allow it to uninstall kde.

Bug, or feature? Depends on desires I suppose. I would greatly prefer
kde w/o any encumberance of apps required. At least try to keep such
things as small as possible. AND any Office suite is rather larger than
most who don't use them want or need.

Still, I bought the boxed set , so I'm generally happy. I hope it
installs as nicely on the rest of the boxen as the download did.

;)

Let's go down to the islands, tie up to a piling all winter we'll
harbournate!