Re: [opensuse] Video Cards!
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:34:10 -0600
On 12/18/06, scsijon <scsijon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With what seems like a plethora of problems with Nvida and ATI
controlling their drivers

plus the need to replace my own ati (dying memory on the card)

I'm wondering if it's time to look at something else

The question is what?

The box is not the latest and greatest but...

Any ideas folks

scsijon

This is really a personal opinion, but I had more success with nVidia
cards - their driver support is better, this, and the integration with
the YaST script to install, makes the things more useful. And their
linux support forum is better, and actually there some guys from
nVidia are answering ... :)

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.