[opensuse] Error registering installation sources in 10.2
  • From: Lennart Börjeson <Lennart.Borjeson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:53:05 +0100
I've upgraded from SuSE 10.0 to openSUSE (download edition) 10.2 on a Dell
Diemsion 8100. During the upgrade, the online update configuration hanged (I
gave up after alf an hour) so I interrupted it and continued without doing an
update.

Now I have the box up and running, but I am unable to modify or register new
installation sources (using yast2->Software->Installation Source). Yast
starts downloading a lot of files (a rapid succession of progress bars) then
fails with errors (see below).

I have another x86_64 box which I've upgraded from 10.1 to 10.2 without these
problems. I'm guessing something is seriously fucked up in yast, but what to
do?

/Lennart

Adding SUSE repository at download.opensuse.org results in:

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/oss
Unknown Error: Cannot create public key 680079CB06E6CE6B
from /var/tmp/zypp.QKuwZV/zypp-trusted-krIXknAV keyring to
file /var/tmp/zypp.QKuwZV/pubkey-680079CB06E6CE6B-ioavGC

Adding SUSE updates at ftp.suse.com results in:

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/update/10.2
Unknown Error: Downloading metadata failed (is YUM source?) or user did not
accept remote source. Aborting refresh.

Adding Packman at ftp.gwdg.de results in:

http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/10.2

--