[opensuse] suexec not running/10.1
  • From: Frank Steiner <fsteiner-mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:26:51 +0100
Hi,

I can't get suexec running on SuSE 10.1 with apache 2.2. I used a config
created by yast2, suexec module is loaded (checked with a2enmod -l and
with stracing httpd2), userdir is defined, "public_html" is defined,
execCGI is allowed, /usr/sbin/suexec2 exists.

When starting apache, I find no "[notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled"
in the error log which, I guess, I should have..
When executing a test.cgi in the users homedir I can't write to a file
that belongs to the user (permission denied in the error_log) and no
suexec.log is created, so I guess suexec isn't called at all.

When I call "suexec2 whatever" as shell command in the test.cgi, then
a suexec.log is created and has an entry about too few arguments.

So I guess it's not a problem that suexec can't run, it's just not
called when executing a cgi script in the users homedir, because
it doesn't even crate a suexec.log when it doesn't exist...

Any ideas?

cu,
Frank

--