Re: [opensuse] openSuSE 10.2 & D-Link DWL 122 + prism2_usb
  • From: "Rik Dunphy" <rik.dunphy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:01:08 +0000
On 12/18/06, Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mandag 18 december 2006 08:28 skrev Fabian Scheler:
> Hello everybody,
>
> last thursday I installed the new 10.2 distro on my pc, I use a D-Link
> DWL122 wlan usb dongle for internet access via a wlan router and dsl.
> As long as I configure everything without any kind of encryption
> everything works as expected: connection to the wlan is successful and
> my wlan card gets an ip from the wlan router that also runs a dhcp
> server and I can access the internet and ping the router .... A soon
> as I enable WEP-encryption (yes, I know, WEP is not secure at all -
> but I still have one client using an acx100 chipset ...) the wlan card
> does not get an ip any more but the connection to the wlan still sems
> to be successful (iwconfig shows the ssid, the mac of the access point
> ... even the access point shows the mac of the usb dongle in the list
> of clients), I am just lacking the ip.

<snip>
There are 3 options of entering the wep key
1. Hex
2. ASCII
3. Passphrase

I suspect you're using 3 but really need 2. The difference is that the
Passphrase option is used to generate a key, while the ASCII string is
the key.
If using the old method of configuring - then it should be a radio
button selection to pick ASCII, or if using network manager - use the
drop down as suggested above and select the ASCII option - something
like "..48/104bit ASCII"

-RikD