[opensuse] Thanks and Screen Resolution Problem!
  • From: "John Pierce" <john.j35@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:42:52 -0600
First, a thank you to all who helped build 10.2. Hands downs the
slickest installation I have gone though yet, especially picking up
the old users from my /home partition.

Now, I have installed 10.2 on a Dell Inspiron 9400 and all works well
except the screen resolution.

Under Sax2 the system correctly identifies the driver needed and the
17 inch wide screen, I am able to set it to 1450x900 and it tests
fine. When I log into KDE I only get a maximum resolution of
1024x768, I go into personal settings->peripherals->display and try to
set it to 1450x900 but the only option is 1024x768.

I disabled the dual head display so it does not try to configure the
svga output. I also noticed that under the kde display settings it
has grayed out a reference to screen 1.

Any thoughs would be appreciated.

John
--
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org