Re: [opensuse] OT: Power supply problems
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:18:04 -0600
On Sunday 17 December 2006 19:50, John Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
> I just got back from trying to help a friend with a computer. She says
> that she moved it, and now it won't supply any power to the computer.
> The computer itself is 2 years old, so is that about the time when a
> power supply fails? If it's not that, what else could it be?
>
> Note: I looked at all the cables (power and IDE) and they were all on
> tight.

Does wall outlet has power?
Is the extension cord good?
Is power cord (from wall to computer) good and tight on both sides?
Is power switch on the back of the box on?

Imagine some more trivial reasons that might be before you open the box.
For power supply to fail after 2 years seems too short.
I have some really old and still work fine.

--
Regards, Rajko.
http://en.opensuse.org/MiniSUSE