[opensuse] Dualhead and 3D
  • From: michael norman <michaeltnorman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:41:26 +0000
Hi

I have openSUSE 10.2 running in dualhead mode with an NVIDIA GeForce 6800 card
and the latest NVIIDIA proprietary drivers. All of which works fine, except
for 3D games.

I also have a W2k partition which my son uses for his games. On W2k it is
possible to run a game in 3D on one screen. When we try to run 3D games in
SUSE using Cedega we cannot achieve the same. In other words what we get is
the game spread across the two screens.

I have looked at the NVIDIA server settings GUI but I can't find a setting
there, nor in SAX.

My question is, is what I want to do possible in Linux ?

I'd be interested if anybody on the list has achieved what I want to do, if so
can you give me an example Xorg conf so I can modify mine ?

TIA

Mike