Re: [opensuse] K3b and mp3
  • From: Stelian Iancu <stelian.iancu@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 11:29:39 +0100
On Sunday 17 December 2006 11:06, John Andersen wrote:
> On Sunday 17 December 2006 01:04, Stelian Iancu wrote:
> > I understand that it needs some k3b-mad package, but I couldn't find it
> > anywhere. I have packman and guru, as well as the non-oss repositories.
> > And I've installed everything related to mad:
>
> Install k3b from packman and it will all be good.

Thanks John! That indeed solved this problem.

However, now I get the following message:

cdrdao will be run without root privileges
It is highly recommended to configure cdrdao to run with root privileges to
increase the overall stability of the burning process.
Solution: Use K3bSetup to solve this problem.

(As far as I understand from this, it works just well the way it is now, just
that it is recommended to setuid cdrdao).

So I press on the "Start K3bSetup2" button and nothing happens. Trying to
run /opt/kde3/bin/k3bsetup as root from the konsole gives me the following:

thor:~ # /opt/kde3/bin/k3bsetup
_IceTransOpen: Unable to Parse address @? !
Session management error: Could not open network socket
_IceTransOpen: Unable to Parse address @? !
Session management error: Could not open network socket
kbuildsycoca running...
kcmshell (kdelibs): WARNING: Could not find module 'k3bsetup2'.

Obviously it cannot find this k3bsetup2 "module". What kind of a module is
this and where can I then find it?

Br,
Stelian