Re: [opensuse] 10.2 system clock too fast and NTP
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 00:57:14 -0900
On Sunday 17 December 2006 01:06, ByteEnable wrote:

> What will that accomplish? Do you think this is a SMP issue? scheduler?
> semaphore? spin-lock? what?
>
> Byte

Don't know for sure, but there have been more than a few smp problems
of late.

I have a big issue with x86_64 keyboard character duplication which
totally goes away If I set my bios to only show one cpu, OR if I lock
the X process to a single cpu with taskset.

Its an easy way to rule an smp issue out (or in).

It would be worth a try, especially if this never happened before on
the same hardware, or if it does not currently happen with a live cd
from say, Kubuntu or Knoppix or some other distro.

--
John Andersen