Re: [opensuse] building devel rpms
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 00:02:33 -0900
On Saturday 16 December 2006 23:56, eddieleprince wrote:
> I have a source tar gz file and I need a devel version of the package. Is
> it possible to produce one from the source file? I would be grateful if
> someone could explain how to do so or direct me to relevant documentation.
>
> Thanks
>
> Eddie

You probably need a development version of several packages if you are
going to compile from a tarball. You likely can NOT build such from wha you
have.

Get into yast and install ALL the prerequisites. For some non-standard
sorts of things you have to google up the development packages if you can't
find them either on your install media or on the opensuse mirrors/

--
John Andersen