Re: [opensuse] 10.2 system clock too fast and NTP
  • From: Anders Norrbring <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:49:34 +0100
ByteEnable wrote:
On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 22:13 -0700, Tom Patton wrote:
On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 21:09 -0600, ByteEnable wrote:

My hardware clock, the actual RTC is keeping rock solid time. My
computer has a clock on the front panel, that uses the RTC to display
the time. That output is perfect. Its only the time in the
kernel/OpenSUSE that is inaccurate and running way too fast.

Byte

Then I have to ask again, have you deleted the /etc/adjtime file? My
understanding is that sets the correction factor for the kernel "system
clock". Get it to run correctly before you start messing with NTPD,
IMO.

Tom

Yeah, I deleted the /etc/adjtime file, played with hwclock, played with
ntp, etc. Its just no workie. <sigh>.

Have you yet tried the boot parameter "clock=pit" as I suggested initially?

--

Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting