[opensuse] Re: 10.2 system clock too fast and NTP
  • From: Stevens <fred00sandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 16:56:36 -0600
I have been following this thread and have seen several responders go
off on tangents, proposing solutions that have little bearing on the
problem as listed.

The way I understood the original problem is that the OS clock routine
in the installation in question is beserk. Nuts. Spastic. On speed. Or
any other term you want to lay on it. It's like the wall clock with the
hands spinning really fast in spite of having a motor that is supposed
to be synchronous with the input ac frequency, and the OS clock
correction software pukes when trying to correct it.

The solution is to determine how the system clock actually works and
then determine what is so special about his particular installation
that would cause the problem. Obviously it only happens with a few
systems or we would all be bitching about it. So what is so different
about his? It does seem to be an interesting puzzle.

Fred