Re: [opensuse] Google Earth and OpenSuse 10.2
  • From: Russbucket <russbucket@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 12:25:50 -0800
On Sat December 16 2006 10:32, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Russ,
>
> Two questions, below...
>
> On Saturday 16 December 2006 09:21, Russbucket wrote:
> > On Sat December 16 2006 06:10, John Meyer wrote:
> > > Okay, I've had problems with Google Earth in both GNOME and KDE.
> > > It crashes the current session and forces me back to the login page
> > > (and by crash, I mean the screen goes black and I find myself at
> > > the login screen again). Anybody had this problem happen to them?
> >
> > You don't say what versions your running. I'm running SUSE 10.0, KDE
> > 3.5.4 level "a" with Google Earth 4.0.2091 (beta). Has not crashed
> > yet. Don't use GNOME.
>
> Is that "Don't use GNOME!" (a warning) or "[I] don't use GNOME." (a
> statement of fact)?
It a statement of fact, not anything against GNOME> I started using KDE when I
started using SUSE and have not tried GNOME since I do not have a reason to
yet..

> > System is PIII 866MHZ, 512 memory.
>
> Have you the proverbial "patience of a saint?" In other words, isn't
> Google Earth dismally slow on such a machine?
Not really since I changed my vidio card to an Nvidi base FX5200 with 3D
capability. Before that Google EArth was unusable, TO SLOW.

--
Russ