[opensuse] Power off problem
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:46:08 -0500
Hey SuSE guys/girls,

Anyone have any luck in finding the problem causing 10.2 not to power
down the machine? As a couple of others here have had happen, I too
installed 10.2, but it will not power off the computer. It
will "shutdown", but not power off as with earlier versions. It's a
reasonably new mobo of which I've never had a problem with before with
any of the versions of SUSE since 7.2. The acpi is rock solid, has
always worked except for the present build. Kernel? Something else?

I remember seeing some errors during bootup about loading some kernel
modules, but don't remember what they were. It's a test machine, so
I'm not close to it presently. It does appear to be a bug though. I'm
suspecting some new support for a new acpi version which caused loss of
support for previous versions or just a buggy kernel? Just a thought.

bye,
Lee