[opensuse] opensuse mini-CD install issue
  • From: 张韡武 <zhangweiwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:00:46 +0800
Hello. We go a problem here: we are going to distribute SUSE
mini-installation CD to the campus that automatically use the network
installation method and use our campus SUSE mirror server for
installation source. Speed is satisfying (download at 2MB/s).

The problem is the mini-CDR we ordered for distributing can hold
46120960 bytes of data, we thought this is enough because SuSE 10.1 is
much smaller then this size. After these CD-R shipped to us (TODAY) we
discovered SUSE 10.2 mini i386 version is 46149632 bytes and x86_64
version is 49264640 bytes. That's not enough to fit this mini-CDR.

We further tested it's not possible to overburn, this CDR can only
contain 46120960 bytes.

Since we got a lot of such mini CDRs and the day for distributing is
tomorrow, I think a fast solution is to remove some files from the mini
installation image.

Only removing 28KB data is enough for i386 mini-install image to fit in,
we need to remove 3.14MB data to let x86_64 image fit in.

What can we remove from the mini-install ISO image?

(biostest looks very large and not so useful, kinda wish to remove this
one first)

--
锐业软服(国内业务) http://www.realss.cn
Real SoftService http://www.realss.com