Re: [opensuse] 10.2 system clock too fast and NTP
  • From: Anders Norrbring <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 09:45:51 +0100
ByteEnable wrote:
Hi,

I'm using OpenSUSE 10.2 and my clock is running too fast. I turned on
NTP but NTP only works when its first run, then defaults back to the
local clock, which is the clock that is running too fast.

This is a problem specific to 10.2. I've had OpenSUSE 10.1, Fedora Core
5 and 6 on this same hardware without issues.

Are you possibly running this in a VMware virtual machine? If you are, add 'clock=pit' into your grub boot parameters. It's a known VMware issue.

--

Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting