Re: [opensuse] Sound music only via headphone
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 21:42:49 -0900
On Friday 15 December 2006 03:05, ralf.prengel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> My problem:
>
> Suse 10.2 and sound comes out only via headphone and not through the
> internal notebook speaker.
> Is there anywhere a switch?
> I m using mpg123 fpr playing mp3s. No X and no KDE etc. is running.
>
> Thanks for hints

Assuming you know that the machine has internal speakers, I have
never seen a laptop where the switch from headphones to speakers
was other than via the switching function of the headphone jack itself.

With a higher-end sound system there might be separate volume controls
for each, and alsamixer (command line) should figure that out for
you.