Re: [opensuse] Sound not working
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:50:36 -0500
On Friday 15 December 2006 20:01, Dan Chesmore wrote:
> Gateway laptop MX6454
> Blade K8F GW UMA W/R5485M and 1394 mainboard
> ATI RS485M chipset
> Sigmatel 9250 sound
> Link to Gateways site for this laptop.
> http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Q106/BladeK8f/1013943Rnv.shtml
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have any good news for you, Dan. I've uncovered dozens of unresolved
threads like your's covering this exact 'family' of Gateway laptops from as
early as Oct. '06 through the start of this week.... virtually every distro
is represented, too. It looks to me like *no one* has been able to coax sound
out of that mainboard under Linux.

If you're up to it (and I'm sure you've done this already) you can Google many
variations of "Linux Sigmatel 9250" etc. to see if I've overlooked a
successful integration, but I doubt it.

regards,

Carl