[opensuse] OO diddles
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 19:21:39 -0500
In OO (hey, this is coming up in a font size I can read!) there
are two problems that I'm running into.  The first is that
the single quote mark between letters in words like "don't"
when typing in the equivalent of Times, comes out straight,
not curly.

The second is that when I want to type "12th," the
"th" comes out small superscript, when I want it to come out
just like I typed it here.  There is a way in WordPerfect to
defeat that, altho I don't remember what it is, and I have no
familiarity with MSWord, which I know OO is trying to emulate.

Maybe the quote mark problem could be solved with TTF, but
you can't get that from M/S anymore, it seems.  Is there a
real, real simple way to put True Type Fonts on the system?
(There is no XP on this machine, and it's not networked.)
But I do own XP, altho it's not up at the moment--machine
problems--so I have a license to use TTF.

--doug