Re: [opensuse] SUSE 10.2 Repo - ftp.chg.ru - ?
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:57:40 +0100
Hi!

On Friday 15 December 2006 08:24, LLLActive@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I just installed SUSE 10.2. The Online Update config did not find the
> 'drives' in the URL in Switzerland (TU-Wien) it automatically configured
> at installation. I deleted the Installation resources and entered those
> on the openSUSE site: http://en.opensuse.org/Mirrors_Released_Version
> for the servers nearest to me (Germany). Then it worked.
>
> I started the the Yast Online Update (after running the Online Update
> Configuration) which suddenly went to a source in Russia?

I do not know how the "automatic" source finder works, yet it never worked for
me. Although living in Germany, I never got a German source, but either the
russian you mentioned, or one in Austria. This does not make sense at all,
since my IP clearly points out which mirror would be the best, i.e. my
University's, which is also on that mirror-list but never gets chosen.

Just forget about that automatism and replace those sources by those that you
know are fastest for you.

Sven