Re: [opensuse] Sound not working
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:04:43 +0100
On 12/15/06, Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 14 December 2006 18:56, Dan Chesmore wrote:
> I still do not have sound. We actually have some progress after the
> fresh install to 10.2 but there is no sound. It shows up within YAST as
> an ATI Multimedia device just as 10.1 did. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Hi Dan,

I don't know if it'll help, but I'll share my personal collection of SUSE
Linux sound 'forensics/repair' notes:
[snip]

Or.. try something a little lest drastic :-) You did say that your
sound card shows up in YAST... try adding your user to the 'audio'
group. That might be all you need to do to solve the problem.

There have been a few discussions about sound issues on the mailing
list. Various sound issues... some solved by tinkering in alsaconfig,
others by a simple group change in the User setup.

C.